a miniturized version of life in the holy land

Monday, March 20, 2006

Rapture Ready

Jerusalem lies along a fault line, a fact that I’m sure has been analyzed and symbolicized far too many times. I’m pretty sure I experienced my first earthquake last week during an excruciating staff meeting, one that stretched out for well over three hours. Our office is a single-level stone structure reminiscent of the Barney Rubble’s house, and what I at first thought was wind causing the building to creak and settle was actually the earth shaking; it takes a lot to move this mother.

Earthquakes are on the mind these days, as the Jordan Valley seems to experience a 7 pointer Richter score every thousand years or so, and apparently we’re about due. The nonchalant architect is freaking out, and therefore so is my boss. As I was informed, the astrologers are predicting March 28 as The Next Big One and the scientists have dibs on the 29th. Although what kind of scientist predicts specific dates for an earthquake, I want to know. My money’s on the astrologers. And I dreamt last night that the quake happened on a Tuesday, which, as I checked out this morning, is the day the 28th falls on this year. Hmmm.

Like I said to my boss, I suggest linking directly to http://www.raptureready.com,/rap2.html a thoroughly helpful website that has set up the Rapture Index, a numerical scale that will tell you just how close we are to the end of time, an event marked by an earthquake or two, the return of Christ, and bodies rising from their graves. Even just one of these three could throw off your daily routine, so be prepared. And for the record, we are currently well beyond the “High Prophetic Activity” range. Yes my friends, we’ve entered the “Fasten Your Safety Belts” zone, and I suggest you do just that.